How do you now when someone is selling you something?
When they use words like “Insider Secrets” or “Miracle in a Bottle” or “Miracle Cure” or even “All Natural”…
We’re all susceptible to sales-pitches. There are no miracles (at least – not in a bottle), and professionals don’t keep “insider secrets”. The words “All Natural” mean absolutely nothing. Real change takes work. Whether you want to lose weight, reduce pain, have a better relationship, or relieve anxiety – it takes effort, planning, and thoughtfulness.
There are plenty of professionals in the public eye selling-out (or cashing-in) on your desire to lose weight with no effort and no change. I wish it were true too! Wouldn’t be nice if you could take a pill that has no side-effects, eat all the chocolate you want, and still lose weight? But there isn’t.
So here it is my answer to all the fad diets and “miraculous” supplements:
This is my weight loss book in less than one page:
“The One and Only Way to Lose Weight: Eat Less, Move More”
- There is a difference between weight loss and nutrition.
- Regardless of what you eat or when you eat it, if you reduce total number of calories you consume, you lose weight. In other words, you could eat nothing but beer, butter, and chocolate and still lose weight- you just couldn’t eat very much, and you’d feel awful!
- To lose weight: eat less, move more (in case you missed it in the title).
- For good nutrition and health: “Eat real food, not too much, mostly plants.” (Michael Pollan, “In Defense of Food”).
- Love your body now! Nobody gets better through punishment!!!
Dr. Perri Zinberg offers Weight Loss Therapy Brentwood, Santa Monica West Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley